Team Energy > England / Wales > About Us > News > Isle of Man house fire caused by faulty boiler
Search

Isle of Man house fire caused by faulty boiler

2010-12-20 09:54:55

Fire fighters in the Isle of Man are keen to urge homeowners using heating oil to heat their homes this winter to have regular checks carried out to ensure their oil boiler is safe and will not cause fires.

The warning has come following an emergency in a house in Castleward Green Douglas. Neighbours noticed that thick black smoke was pouring from the house, which was caused by a fault in the oil-fired boiler.

The fire service on the island said that the situation luckily did not escalate and a fire did not develop, but that this kind of boiler fault can lead to house fires.

Another fire has recently been caused on the Isle of Man after a Ballaugh home caught fire in an incident that was thought to have started in the oil tank.

Signing up to a boiler maintenance scheme like the one offered by Team Energy is key to ensuring your oil boiler is safe and working to its most efficient level. The cost of the annual service is far less than the costs involved with dealing with the aftermath of a fire or smoke damage.

box1.png

box4.png

box3.png

box6.png